How To Use Google Allo on your computer
You can use your computer to chat with your friends through Allo.
What you need to get started
- Chrome browser: Allo for web only works on Chrome.
- Allo app on your Android phone: Make sure you’ve installed and registered the latest version of Allo. iOS pairing is coming soon.
- Allo for web in mobile app: In your Allo mobile app’s menu, check that you see “Allo for web.”
Connect your Allo app to the browser
- On your computer, open Allo for web.
- On your phone, open Allo.
- Tap Menu Allo for web Scan QR Code.
- Scan the QR code that’s on Allo for web.
- If connected, Allo for web will open on the browser.
- If you have trouble scanning the code, try adjusting how close the scanner is to the QR code.
Note: The QR code is unique to your computer and pairs the mobile app to the computer. Allo for web shows what’s on the mobile app. So if your phone runs out of battery or you quit the mobile app, Allo for web won’t work.
Sign out of Allo Web
Allo for web won’t sign you out of the browser automatically. You need to log out by one of two ways:
Features available only on the mobile app
Some features are only available on the Allo mobile app, including but not limited to:
- Connecting, switching, or removing Google accounts
- Adding or removing members from an existing group
- Backing up your information
- Notification and privacy settings
- Some chat features, like taking a photo, deleting a conversation, blocking contacts, or starting a chat with someone who’s not in your contacts